Monday, May 14, 2012

Busy..busy

Molly has been keeping busy and keeping us busy. We had her birthday party on May 6th and it was great. Our day started at 5am. Molly woke up on her own. I wanted her to get up at 6am anyway so she would be ready for a nap at 11am before her big bash at 1pm. She was in a great mood and very cooperative. As people started to show up she became more clingy to me and didn't want me to put her down until her cousin showed up then she was fine. She loved playing with him and I was so glad that he was there so I could give my arm a break for a few minutes. The cake was donated from a company called Icing Smiles. They work with kids that have complex medical needs. I guess that would be Molly :) They put us in touch with a baker in our area. The cake was provided by Cakes by Erin in Haverhill. They did an amazing job!
We could probably have a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme every year but while I still have a say in her life, I'll pick the theme with some of her influence of course. So we did Strawberry Shortcake. It probably wasn't the best idea because it's almost impossible to find Strawberry Shortcake things.
Molly got a lot of great gifts and I'm happy that she has some new, more age appropriate toys. She was starting to outgrow some of the toys that she had which makes me so happy because that means she's making forward progress! Now that she's a big girl and 2 years old she can face forward in the car. Of course I took a picture of her facing forward :)
Thank you to everyone that came! Fast forward a few days...Molly decided to stop sleeping at night. She started waking up around 1am and staying up until 4am. That doesn't work for me since I wasn't going to bed until midnight. I would just fall asleep when she would wake up. I don't want her to "cry it out" because Jay has to get up for work in the morning so I try to run into her room as fast as possible. And if I did let her cry she would just send herself into a downward spiral and it would take her forever to calm down. She wants to be rocked back to sleep so that's what I do but when I put her down in her crib she was waking back up. At that point she was wide awake and ready to start her day. I tried everything. I tried rocking her, patting her bum, singing, shutting the light off, bringing her downstairs to the living room. The only thing that worked...TV. I hate doing it because then she stays awake but nothing else would work. Once she fell back to sleep she would wake up around 8:30am. She was in a great mood. I don't know how. I can tell you that I was not. Saturday I decided to keep her up all day to see if that would work. I wasn't going to let her take a nap so I decided to take her to the park, the mall and grocery shopping. Well, it worked. She didn't fall asleep but she did still wake up that night. She was up from 2am-5am. UGH!
Mother's Day was kind of tough. I was so so so so tired. When I'm tired I'm not fun to be around. We ran some errands and came home, set up Molly's water table that she got for her birthday and spent the afternoon on the deck. It was all that I had wanted to do and I'm so happy that we did. She had a great time and was so happy and that's what it's all about.
SHE FINALLY SLEEPS!!!!!!!!!
Even though Molly's sleeping has been all over the place she continues to amaze us. She has been doing so much better getting up on her hands and knees and getting around. She has been picking up baby puffs and yogurt drops, putting them in her mouth, chewing them and swallowing them. She has done this every day for about 4 or 5 days so I'm confident to say that she's transitioning to table food..finally!!!!! When she was playing at her water table she was standing independently for about 20 minutes. She's just the most amazing little person I have ever met! Now I just hope she sleeps! Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment