Tuesday, November 26, 2013

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Our life now seems so simple compared to the last 3 Thanksgiving holidays and I couldn't be happier so I guess that would be the first thing that I am thankful for. I know that our life is always going to have a hospital stay in the future...sometimes it will be the near future and sometimes we won't know when it will be. We haven't gone one year without a hospital stay since Molly was born. Some of the admissions were for good reasons like having her trach and g tube removed and others were for illnesses and surgeries. No matter what the reason for the stay we are thankful that we always walk out of the front doors with our little girl.

Even though I will never be able to repay Children's Hospital for saving Molly's life and giving us the greatest gift I will always be able to show them how grateful we are by taking part in the NStar walk every year. This year we were able to raise over $6500. That would not have been possible without the wonderful team of walkers we had as well as all of the donations by Molly's supporters. I am thankful for each dollar raised and each and every person that helps us give back every year! So thank you so much for always supporting us and helping us give back to a cause that means the world to us!

Of course, I am thankful for Boston Children's Hospital and all it's staff. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about that hospital, the staff and the patients past and present. I can't explain how thankful I am for all that they have done for my family. When I was pregnant with Molly the plan was to keep her at Tufts and all her surgeries would've been there. I think that her being more sick than expected was a blessing in disguise. I am so grateful that they had enough sense to send her to Children's and not try to save her themselves. There is a reason that BCH is the #1 hospital in the country and that reason is kids like Molly. They make the impossible possible. They give life to babies and kids when no one else can. I will forever be grateful to them for all that they continue to do for Molly to this day!

A new thing that I'm thankful for this year and every day really is Northeast Rehab and three amazing therapists that have brought Molly so far since she has started there in May. Brittany is her speech therapist. I love her so much. She is just so amazing, funny and caring. Elissa and Bobby work together as a team. Elissa is the therapist and Bobby is an assistant PT. They work with Molly in the pool and on land. They have so many great ideas for helping Molly get to where she needs to be. I can't say enough great things about them!

Jay & I definitely have our differences. Nothing has come easy for us but we work so hard for all that we have. It's not the best of the best, we don't have fancy cars or a giant house. We don't shop at high end stores or make millions of dollars. But we have all that we need and Molly is well taken care of. We are experts on our daughter both inside and out. We always have her best interest at heart. We are the best parents for her and she is our entire world. We haven't been out just the two of us in about 2 years. We are the only one who knows what the other has been through. We know what it's like to witness a miracle. We know what it's like to love something so much and have it almost taken away. We know what it's like to get a call in the middle of the night and not know if your baby is still going to be alive when you get there. But through it all we have remained close. We argue, we laugh, we work, we love, we don't ever sleep and we have very little time for fun but we have learned to become great parents and friends and I am so so thankful for him!

I am thankful to have supportive families. Molly loves her cousins and they love her. I'm sure they won't want to bother with her in a few years because they will become too cool but for now she enjoys all of the attention they give her. We don't see our parents often enough but we always talk to them and keep in touch. Our siblings are busy with their lives but they do mean everything to us.

And of course I am thankful for my little side kick! She has shown me what strength and determination really looks like. Nothing ever gets her down. She enjoys every second of life, when she probably doesn't need to. She defies the odds every single day. To look at Molly she looks like a typical little toddler...small but typical : ) She is so smart and amazes everyone that knows her. I know she's my daughter and I brag all the time but I am the proudest mom. Not only is she beautiful on the outside but she is a miracle on the inside. She scares the hell out of us at times but I am so so thankful to be her mom!!!!!!!

Don't take one second for granted with anyone that you love. You don't know what the future holds. I hope everyone has a Happy & HEALTHY Thanksgiving! Thank you for always being a part of our journey!

                                            Molly's First Thanksgiving


Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment