Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Preschool...

We just wrapped up our second week of preschool and Molly isn't loving it any more than she did the first week. When we come off of the highway we take a right to go to school and a left to go to rehab. When I take a right she starts fussing when we take another right on to the street where the school is she starts crying. It breaks my heart. I wish she could understand me when I try to bargain with her and tell her I will be back soon to pick her up because if she did understand me I'm sure she would feel better. I hate that she has already felt so much pain, anxiety and sadness and now she should be having fun at school and she can't because of everything else that she has been through from surgeries to doctors appointments to therapy to all of the people poking and prodding and coming and going from her house. I keep very busy while she's at school. Before I know it it's time to pick her up. She doesn't get out of school until 11:30 but I always get there 20 minutes early because I'm so excited to see the smile on her face when she sees me. Today I was waiting for her by the little park at the school and I was watching the other kids run around and play. It made me so sad to see those kids running and to hear them speaking in full sentences. Not that I was sad for them but I was sad for Molly because she doesn't do any of those things. I know she will do all of those things and more in time. All of the other kids walk out first and because Molly takes a little longer to go down the stairs she is always last. I couldn't help but notice that the girl in from of Molly was a whole head taller than her. She looked like a little baby walking out of school today. She's just this little tiny peanut and I was so proud of her walking out today, knowing how scared she is going in in the morning.Here is a picture of her hanging out before heading off to school this morning. She looks so grown up!!


She got her glasses yesterday. It's one more thing for us to fight with her about. She will keep them on when we are out but if we are home she doesn't want to keep them on. Now when I tell her to put her glasses on she does it. She really is such a good little thing! I hope they do the trick and we can avoid another surgery.

We have our final meeting with Make A Wish on Friday and I'm very excited. This trip couldn't have come at a better time. I think the three of us NEED a break from reality. We could use some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment