Monday, June 18, 2012

A Break From Reality

We have had so much going on since my last post and it's been a nice break from all of the doctors appointments, early intervention and assessments. We took a little mini vacation and went to the Mystic Aquarium in Connecticut. We stayed over the night before. Molly did not want to sleep in her pack n play. She kept waking up, crying so I finally put her in bed with me. She has never slept in my bed and never will again. I put pillows on one side of her so she wouldn't roll off of the bed but every time I moved over she would move over too. For a little person she takes up a lot of room. We had a great time at the aquarium. I can't wait to go back!! Molly loved the sea lion show. She was sitting on my lap and kept kicking the guy in front of me so I turned her and she was kicking the lady beside me. She kicks her legs when she gets excited and it was kinda tight. I was just so happy that she loved it, had a great time and was able to be a kid!
The following weekend was the walk for Children's Hospital Boston. Our team members got together and decorated shirts and hats for the walk. We arrived in Boston around 10am. I got to meet a fellow heart mom which was so nice. It was a little chaotic trying to get where we needed to be. We brought Molly's wagon because we figured she would have more room. Our walk didn't start until noon so we found a spot on the lawn in the middle of all of the festivities and took some pictures, people watched and hung out until the start of the walk. It was only 2 miles but it was a great time. We had so much fun. It was great to be with people that cared enough to help us raise money for the hospital that saved Molly's life. We were able to raise $5,300 for Children's. We never could have done this without the generosity of all of our friends and strangers as well. We just can't thank you enough! It was just such a moving experience to be a part of something so great. Jay and I were talking last night and I said that as much as I hate going back to CHB, it's the only place that we feel "normal", accepted and understood. They are so amazing and perform miracles every day. How do you put a price on a miracle? You can't but we are going to make it a point to give back every year!
My sister and my niece came up from North Carolina. I knew this would be great for me and for Molly because she loves kids. Especially older kids. We crammed a lot of fun things and made a lot of great memories in one week. We went to the zoo, the beach so the kids could play on the playground, they went swimming in a baby pool on our deck, we played mini golf, went to Chuck E. Cheese and had a sleep over one night. I was very sad to see them go and I think Molly was too. Any time I can expose Molly to a normal kid thing it makes me happy.
Now it's back to reality. Early Intervention today and Thursday and Growth and Nutrition on Wednesday. I wish every day could be like the past 2 weeks but I will try to hang on to the happiness that it brought to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment